Java Developer Apply now
Development Team Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Are you an experienced Java developer interested in putting your skills to the test? Do you want to to do more than just the same old Application Server data-in-data-out? Fuga is looking for talented developers to join our back-end team. In addition to Java 8, latest Spring and Hibernate, you will also work with Akka, Docker, ElasticSearch, Capistrano, Chef, all within the context of high-available cloud environment.
What can you expect:
• Maintaining and extended Fuga's music distribution platform, a digital music content management and workflow pipeline system distributing millions of albums per month to stores like iTunes and Spotify, using Java 8, Spring, Hibernate and ElasticSearch
• Re-architect our big data analytics product providing business intelligence to music labels, with data from both online music stores and social media using the latest time-series data store
• Design and implement the next generation Fuga SaaS back-end architecture and continuous deployment infrastructure to provide fault tolerant high available services to our clients leveraging cloud environments, technologies like Akka and Docker and automation tools like Chef and Capistrano
• Work and learn with experienced team to build a super modular, performant and maintainable SaaS platform
• Combine tried-and-trusted dev practices with the latest development tools. Test driven development within a Scrum process backed by continues integration, i.e. doing it right!
• Informal working environment in the grachtengordel in Amsterdam within the music industry
Who are you:
• A talented Java developer with a solid background in Computer Science and at least five years experience
• A well rounded software engineer that understands and thrives within a product company
• Bold and curios, not scared of new technologies and with a constant desire to learn, grow, teach and improve
• Experienced with at least two of the following: Akka, Docker, AWS, Big data, ElasticSearch and continuous deployment
• A passion for music is obviously a plus
FUGA is a music company that operates at the heart of the music industry with an impressive clientele: Spinnin' Records, Armada Music, Epitaph, Domino Recording Company and more. FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributers with digital service providers like Spotify, iTunes, Beatport and more. By doing so FUGA enables it's clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their strategy. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music and collect on their revenue.
What we offer:
• Exposure of a full range scope of work, working within small scrums teams with autonomy and freedom in making decisions
• Working within a product company, using modern technologies, diving deep into technical problems, writing clean codes and doing things right
• Working within the dynamic music industry
• Competitive package, flexible working hours, informal working space at a great location.
Interested in this position? Please send your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drive new features for FUGA from end to end though prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iteration
- Work alongside a world-class cross-functional team to build delightful products and experiences for millions
- Shape the direction of future mobile products at FUGA
- Strong software engineering background
- Enjoy the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps in the constrained environment of a smartphone
- Willingness to buck the trends and learn new ways to build software. We're always devising faster and more effective ways to build
- Some Android experience is preferred, but not required